Smarter Communities Limited (ABN 25 065 006 859) and its subsidiaries and associated entities (“Smarter Communities”) are committed to respecting and protecting the integrity of your privacy and personal information obtained and collected in the course of the operation of their businesses.
Smarter Communities’ subsidiaries include:
- Adelaide Strata Management Pty Ltd ABN 73 058 476 056 trading as Adelaide Strata & Community Management
- Challenge Business Group Pty Ltd ABN 97 003 450 315 trading as Challenge Strata Management
- Ernst Body Corporate Management Pty Ltd ABN 87 010 209 784
- Strata Title Management Pty Ltd ABN 43 119 665 762
- Victoria Body Corporate Services Pty Ltd ABN 85 007 034 522
Personal information we collect and hold, and how we collect it
Smarter Communities may collect from you personal information including your name, mailing address, email address, telephone or facsimile number, other contact details, birth date, banking information and any additional information relating to you that you provide to us. Generally, if appropriate, we will tell you why we are collecting personal information and how we plan to use it, or these things will be clear at the time of collection of the information.
Should such personal information not be provided to us, we may be unable to provide you the services or assistance which you have sought, or may not be able to provide these to best standard possible.
We may store your files in hard copy or electronically in our IT systems. These may include Australian-based cloud servers or the servers of third parties within Australia.
Purposes for which we collect and disclose personal information
Smarter Communities may use or disclose the information to our subsidiaries, associated entities and/or certain affiliated or third party service providers in certain relevant circumstances in connection with the provision of our services to you, being the primary purpose. Personal information may also be used or disclosed for a secondary purpose which is related to the primary purpose where you have consented to this, or would reasonably expect your information to be disclosed for that secondary purpose.
The primary purpose for the collection, holding and disclosure of personal information is to perform our functions and provide services to you and to owners corporations of which you are a member, including:
- to answer enquiries and provide information;
- to allow access to protected areas of our website which require registration to access;
- to provide products and services and to send communications requested by you;
- to conduct activities which may include providing personal information to our subsidiaries, associated entities, affiliated or third party service providers or contractors;
- to monitor use and performance of the website;
- to update and correct our records, as well as providing updated personal information to our subsidiaries, associated entities, affiliated or third party service providers or contractors;
- to process and address any complaint made by you or the relevant owners corporation;
- for the administrative and marketing (including direct marketing), survey and research purposes of Smarter Communities, its subsidiaries, associated entities, affiliated or third party service providers or contractors.
Smarter Communities is not at this time aware of any disclosure of personal information to overseas recipients. Should this alter, we will take action to disclose the countries in which overseas recipients are located.
We may contact you via email, SMS or other means to provide you with direct marketing information regarding our services or updated information on our website. Should you not wish to receive such information, please contact us.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You may request free of charge to access personal information held by us at any time by contacting us via the contact details listed below. We will try to provide you with access through any reasonable means and may charge a reasonable fee for the provision of this information.
You may also make a free request that we amend personal information held by us which you believe to be out of date, inaccurate or incomplete. We will consider your request, and if we amend the information we may charge a reasonable fee to do so. If we decide that the information should not be amended, you may request that we include a statement with the information to the effect that you do not agree that it is correct. A reasonable fee may be charged for this.
Opting out of Direct Marketing
If you do not wish to receive marketing material, please note Smarter Communities will still contact you in relation to the ongoing relationship and the services we provide to you or the owners corporation e.g. levy notices.
Cookies are uniquely numbered identification numbers like tags which are placed on individuals’ browsers. We use information from cookies to monitor usage of the website, identify returning users, enable targeted services and opportunities to be directly marketed to you based on your browsing history. Cookies are necessary for Smarter Communities to create a better user experience on Smarter Communities’ websites. You can delete cookies and change the settings on your web browser not to accept cookies, however, certain features and content may not be available to you.
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our sites, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. However, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will use our best endeavours to ensure its security on our systems.
Enquiries, Request for Access and Complaints
Email to [email protected]
Smarter Communities will respond to a complaint within 28 days.